Part 5: Successful Communication
Our lives are full of other people - life partners, family, friends & work colleagues - and the quality of our lives depends upon the quality of these relationships.
Have you ever thrown your hands up in frustration after failing to relate to a family member, friend or colleague during a discussion? They can't understand what you mean and you can't understand how they can be so unreasonable or obtuse.
The truth is there is no such thing as a 'pure' communication. Every verbal interaction is experienced (and distorted) via the filter of personality type - theirs and yours. No matter how hard we try, there are times when other people just do not hear what we intended - our words are misconstrued or we unintentionally press their buttons and... hey presto here we go again! So what can you do about it?
- Explore the communication styles of each of the nine types
- Illuminate the cause of difficult or painful interactions
- Clarify your own ‘blindspots’ when communicating with others
- Equip you with the tools you need to be more effective in every communication
- Clarify ways in which communication styles lead to misinterpretation and misunderstandings
- Provide you with the knowledge you need to get the best out of others
Successful Communication is THE SECRET to better relationships with your life partner, family, friends & work colleagues.
These 2 days are invaluable for anyone who works closely with people such as therapists, health workers, counsellors, psychotherapists, personal coaches, and business people.
For next course dates see:
Completion of Awakening - 3-day Part 1 of the Enneagram Programme
n.b. This course is an advanced study course for those that have already attended the 3-day Enneagram Foundation Course, and is not an introduction to the Enneagram. Please visit our course schedule for more information of upcoming Foundation Courses.
Other advanced courses currently available: